Saturday, August 15, 2009

I have Norton 2007, started using AVG AV+anti-spyware. Should I just un the Norton?

I posted a question about AVG AV and antispyware. I have gotten some great advice. I have Norton 2007, should i just use that instead of messing with some fo these freeware's that are lighter(and i thought were better, the freeware) or so i was told. Saw PCworld's reviews on the paid and free antivirus, so i know which was im leaning, but i want to know if maybe there is something i dont know.



I have Norton 2007, started using AVG AV+anti-spyware. Should I just un the Norton?virus



Well, it's a very bad idea to have two antiviruses on your machine at once. You want either Norton or AVG, not both. Since you've already paid for a subscription to Norton, I'd use that until it expires, then look into alternatives if you want. In the meantime, please delete all traces of AVG and any other antivirus software to avoid damage to your computer.



You can use all the antispyware software your heart desires, but only one antivirus.



I have Norton 2007, started using AVG AV+anti-spyware. Should I just un the Norton?anti virus



Norton antivirus removes all kinds of viruses and spywares. For me it's sure well worth the price..
my recommendation is to keep using Norton 2007 until it expires. Then evaluate the alternatives. Norton is a good product and you paid for it. just ruun liveupdate regularly and schedule an occasional (once a month) virus scan.
Norton is good, so I would suggest that you keep running it. It's better than AVG. Also, I wouldn't recommend running two anti-virus/firewalls at the same time. It could cause a conflict.
Both are crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment