Friday, August 21, 2009

McAfee Help!!?

Recently ordered a computer (Windows Vista - Home Premium). It came with McAfee Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall. I want to get rid of it and put on "Shaw Secure" which is a free antivirus/antispyware and firewall that my internet provider, Shaw, provides for no extra cost.



Is it easy to uninstall MacAfee, and is Shaw Secure good.?



And I don't want everyone telling me to upgrade to a free program when I can just use a free one thatcomes with my internet that I pay for. If someone can prove that Shaw Secure isn't good, i'll probably try NOD32.



McAfee Help!!?free antivirus



you can uninstall McAfee in Add or Remove Programs, and then use your free antivirus. As long as you are not stupid and walk into virus situations online, then that software should cut it.



McAfee Help!!?internet



Shaw Secure isn't good. The performance was poor when I tested it (sent viruses onto it that I recently quarantined. only 10%, 2 out of20 were caught and quarantined)



Use McAfee, it's one of the best security software out there.



If you're unsatisfied, then use Kaspersky or ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.
Shaw Secure is basically just F-Secure which has a fancy name for your ISP.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Secure#Sh...
Shaw does not code their own security solution (no ISP does).

No comments:

Post a Comment