Sunday, August 23, 2009

I installed 1.024gb of ram. It says 880mb are free. I only surf the web and it was fast before not n

How do I free up more memory to run faster? I have minimal programs 1 each of antivirus/antisoftware and 1 registry cleaner. I defrag and clean as well as diskcleanup and do not download much at all?? It freezes up quite a bit now and runs slower and at the start after I installed the ram it ran much faster.Thanks



I installed 1.024gb of ram. It says 880mb are free. I only surf the web and it was fast before not now.Freeup?ariel



Well did you downgrade? Usually its not the best idea to downgrade. If this is more new memory, make sure your motherboard supports it and its a good memory. If you get a program such as Uniblue's products that allow you to defrag your memory and such and give you more memory. If your running XP with this much memory you should be perfect, i don't know why it would be running slow unless you had a virus or something fattening up on your memory, but if you have Vista, that's another story, if you want any performance with Vista you need atleast 2gb's of memory. Hope i helped.



I installed 1.024gb of ram. It says 880mb are free. I only surf the web and it was fast before not now.Freeup?computers



maybe it is not the right ram for your motherboard if that is all you changed. 880 out of 1gb available after boot is pretty darn good I'd say if you are on windows....maybe the issue is you are missing something important that should be running!

No comments:

Post a Comment