Wednesday, August 19, 2009

About Spyware?

Is a programme called 'spyware detector' any good? Is it safe for me to download it? I got to it thro running a yahoo search on norton antivirus and this website came up called The Inquirer. On the page is a google ad to 'read this before you download any spyware removers'. When I asked the original question I got lots of answers but I'm not qualified to pick the best one. I have AVG Free antivirus installed on my pc. Its very good. Do they do a spyware thing? Thanks for answering the original question.



About Spyware?spyware removal



I've never used Spyware Detector but from its website I see it demands payment to clean your pc of anything it finds.



AVG recently bought out Ewido and they now run the programme under their own brand name AVG Antispyware



You can download it free here:



http://www.filehippo.com/download_ewido/



It provides 30 day free resident protection of your system; after that you have to pay for resident protection ( constant monitoring of your system) but you can still keep it and update it to run regular scans. It's very good and simple to use.



You can also download Spybot



http://www.filehippo.com/download_spybot...



It's free. Remember to update it and immunize to protect yourself against spyware; another free programme that complements Spybot is Spywareblaster

No comments:

Post a Comment