Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Norton 2006 came with my BT Broadband - It is so slow - what can I do ?- Sensible Suggestions please

I had my broadband installed last Monday, and Norton 2006 was included in the package.



Before I was running on AVG free antivirus and Ad-aware. The PC was running very fast then.



I installed Norton and everything was so slow. Now it is beginning to be so slow I can't do anything without a huge delay. Even when I am typing this it appears later than what it should!



My PC has a gig RAM, and 160 gig HDD.



Any alternatives to Norton? I worried that if I uninstall it that my protection will go as I keep my PC on continuously.



Will turning to an alternative be worth my while? I just want to gain back the speed of my computer!



Norton 2006 came with my BT Broadband - It is so slow - what can I do ?- Sensible Suggestions please!?bmw



Go back to avg, or try Avast which I use. Ad Aware is what I use also. I havnt gone for the Norton AV package, and Im on BT.



Norton 2006 came with my BT Broadband - It is so slow - what can I do ?- Sensible Suggestions please!?free adware remover



I had the same problem - norton was making everything really slow and my bf took them all off last night. Today its much quicker. In add/remove their wasn't anything saying norton to remove but if you look at the properties of each thing in remove the ones with 'symantic' are the norton files. Takes ages to take them all off but its much better once they've gone. Good luck xxx
I would try uninstalling norton first and see if your pc speeds back up. If it does...just go back to AVG again. If it does not speed up, could be something else on the pc causing it and you may want to then do a full system scan.
Have a look on www.downloads.com or filehippo.com for free anti virus download to disk then symentec website for norton removal tool,Remove norton (requires restart) then load free antivirus.Aso microsoft update for defender,Anti spy ware.
BT are great for phones but their broadband package with norton is a disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment