Saturday, August 15, 2009

USB Disk virus?

Hello! Recently my USB disk got a Virus [Kingston Data Traveler 2GB]. The virus was caught from my friend's PC which later infected my USB, I reformatted the drive but before that i checked for Viruses by AVG-Free Antivirus, It showed several viruses. I then healed them up, Reformatted the drive. I then gave it to another of my Friend who's Pc was working fine, No Viruses i mean. He connected it and opened My Computer and right clicked the USB icon but to his surprise the language that was in the menu was beyond comprehension....It was like "$$%%26%$"



Now even after the reformatting how can the trouble/virus survive....Help me out as soon as possible.......I REALLY Need some help here....!



USB Disk virus?cafe racer



If I were you, I would buy another USB flash drive.



It sounds as if the virus hides itself in the drive's memory or in an area of the disk that is not formatted by the format procedure.



USB Disk virus?free anti virus



another back up hard drive attached to the computer? Hmmm... it would probably be far fetched to suggest the virus was somehow stored in RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment