Monday, August 17, 2009

Why is my internet so slow?

I bought this lap top about 3 months ago and it was really fast. My internet is 10 mbps but for some reason the internet has begun running very slowly. My roommates' internet is still fast so i can't figure out what the problem is. I use Mozilla Firefox, although i didn't before. I have AVG Free antivirus that did catch something previously but i deleted it. What could this be and how can i make my internet go fast again?



Why is my internet so slow?computer security



Cable Modem Troubleshooting Tips = http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.w...



DSL = Before going thru a lot of exercises, Call your ISP and ask them if they are having any problems, to first eliminate that possibility. You could throw in a request for a new modum. Just make sure it isn't your router that's causing the problem.



Try start/connect to/show all connections/right click on the connection that you are using/repair, and check for spyware/malware



Call your phone company and insist that when you are talking on the phone you frequently hear a lot of loud static/crackling, and that you want your outside and inside lines replaced.(Don't mention anything about the internet)



Flush your dns .=. start/run/ cmd/ ipconfig /flushdns/ok(enter)



Are you using a software firewall and/or router?



Unplug modem/router and turn off computer, then plug everything back in. Also check to make sure your network card is correctly installed.= Windows XP = r/click "my computer"/click the "hardware" tab/click "device manager"/

No comments:

Post a Comment